What we are About
The High Performance Level Development Training is open for registration this fall in the 2012, 2011, and 2010.
The development will educate your child on the following aspects of proper hockey so they will be prepared for playing spring hockey at the highest level. This will include but is not limited to the following:
- Edge Work
- Puck Control
- Creativity with the puck
- Attacking the net to create goals
- Competing for the puck
- Small Area Games
- Offensive Positional Play
- Defensive Positional Play
- Face off Alignment
- Icing & Off-sides
- Fore Checking & Back Checking
- Team Tactics
The value of being a participant in the HPL Development is a follows:
- Full NHL Sized Ice Rink
- High Performance Hockey 2, 3 & 4 Age Specific Programs for Similar Calibre Players
- Sunday Afternoon Scrimmage Training
- All training in a central facility at Planet Ice Coquitlam
- 20 full ice training sessions will improve fitness level from playing 200×85 hockey
- Education on Full Ice Hockey and movement around the rink to learn how to play each position
The HPL Development will also be using these skates to identify and select players to participate on our HPL travel tournament spring hockey teams for the following spring and summer in different Brick Series events across North America. The spring and summer tournaments are open to any boy or girl that has multiple years of hockey experience, is a High Performance caliber player.
You can register for the program at www.hplhockey.com. Registration is limited and as we head into our third year of offering this program we are confident that all spots will be sold out very quickly.